You will need:
- 225 g butter (or Utterly Butterly)
- 225 g light brown sugar
- 225 g golden treacle
- 225 g black treacle
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 225 g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 4 level teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs (medium)
- 300 ml milk
1. Preheat oven to 160 C Fan. Grease and line a traybake tin 12 in X 9 in
2. Measure butter, sugar, golden syrup and black treacle into a medium pan and heat gently until the mixture has melted, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool slightly.
3. Put the flours and ground ginger into a large mixing bowl and stir together lightly. Beat eggs into the milk. Pour the cooled butter and syrup mixture into the flour along with the egg and milk mixture and beat with a
wooden spoon until smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and tilt gently to level the surface
4. Bake for about 50 mins until well risen, golden and springy to the touch. Allow the gingerbread to cool a little in the tin.